Contemporary Arts Center, Las Vegas
Call for Submissions for Individual Artists or Group Exhibitions 2012-2013 Exhibition Season
Submission Guidelines for Individual Artists or Group Exhibitions 2012-2013 Exhibition Season:
Entry Deadline: April 27, 2012
Email Submission Proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail submissions postmarked by deadline date to: Contemporary Arts Center, 107 E. Charleston Blvd., Suite 120, Las Vegas, NV 89104
The CAC is accepting submissions for solo shows or group installations from artists and curators for consideration for our 2012-2013 exhibition season. All mediums and disciplines will be considered. Any work presented must be a body of new or recent work executed within the past 2 years. Emerging or mid-career artists, members or non-members, may submit proposals.
Please include the following materials in your submission:
1. Written statement outlining the proposed project/exhibition and the participating artists.
2. Work Samples: CD with 10-20 jpegs or DVD with video or performance work. Image size: 300 dpi/2MB. File Name: lastname.jpg(1_smith.jpg) Video format: NTSC Mac or PC playable DVD with10-minute max excerpts or complete works. Please put name and email on all discs.
3. Accompanying image list with title, size/duration, medium, date, brief narrative needed to elaborate on the work.
4. Current CV, bio and artist statement for all participating artists.
5. Any additional information such as press reviews, articles, catalogs etc.
6. Self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient postage for return of submission materials.
7. Contact info for primary artist/curator contact- email, phone, address.
8. CD with copies of all word files, optional press materials in addition to hard copies.
Supplementary public programs or presentations that would enhance the exhibition are encouraged. These may include, for example, artist talks, panel discussions or activities geared toward engaging the members and patrons of the Contemporary Arts Center.
The Contemporary Arts Center is a non-profit 501(c)3 art organization dedicated to presenting new, high quality, visual and performing art, while striving to build, educate, and sustain audiences for contemporary art. The CAC strives to provide a place where artist can learn about best practices, test new ideas in the public arena, and connect with fellow artists within and beyond our own community.