ArtSpan's Juried Benefit Art Auction will take place at SOMArts on April 13, 2013. This is our most popular fundraiser of the year; last year over 300 avid art collectors were in attendance!
To participate in this prestigious juried event, fill out the form below and attach an image of the artwork you would like to donate, that will then be reviewed by our jury. Due to space constraints, ArtSpan is very limited to the number of artworks accepted. Please pay close attention to the guidelines and submission instructions below.
The funds from this event serve all of ArtSpan’s year-round programing, including our professional development workshops for artists, SF Open Studios (800 artists), Art for City Youth (600 youths), the SF Open Studios Guide, ArtSpan.org, and collector education events.
Artists who donate will receive complementary admission to the event (1 general ticket for the artist). Guests of artists must purchase tickets to the event, available for sale at ww.artspan.org.
ArtSpan, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, builds community by connecting the public to visual arts in San Francisco. Through SF Open Studios, youth and adult education, and art-centric events, ArtSpan creates a platform for artists to thrive, fostering a Bay Area that values the arts.
• Open to artists residing in San Francisco or Bay Area. • All entries must be original and executed within the past 3 years.
• Collaborations are accepted.
• Entries are accepted in painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture, mixed media, assemblage, jewelry, and glass.
• One entry per artist.
• Artwork must be wired, pre-assembled, and ready to hang. • Artwork must be labeled with the artist's name and the title of the piece.
• Artist statement of originality – 300 words or less describing what inspired the piece.
• All image files for the entry should be submitted in JPEG format.
• All image files must be titled with artist’s last name, first initial, and the entry’s title. This information must match the title and name on the entry form.
• ArtSpan reserves the right to use accepted JPEGs of artwork for promotional use online and in print for the Auction.
ArtSpan will NOT accept:
• Diptychs, triptychs, giclee reproductions, or unassembled sculpture.
• Over-sized artwork of any kind.
• Artwork that has been donated previously.
Entry Deadline: March 4, 2013
Artist Notification: March 18, 2013
Art Drop Off: April 6 and April 8, 2013
Auction Event: April 13, 2013