??Arizona Latino Arts & Cultural Center
The 2013 3rd ANNUAL LATINA ART EXHIBITION
“CALL TO ARTIST” PROSPECTUS
ALAC Galeria 147 proudly presents The 2013 3rd ANNUAL LATINA ART EXHIBITION to showcase the creative art of Latina Artists. The opening reception is celebrated on 1st Friday May 1, 2013 from 6-10pm, a venue to “Meet Latina Artists”. The Exhibition will feature the work of our best Latina Artists with live entertainment.
THEME: Arte by Latinas: Approaching the concept and thoughts through religious , social and cultural traditions of the views of women by women. These views would be limited to the stated above customs and beliefs seen through the eyes of Latin American and Mexican cultures. In these countries what are women’s roles? How are they celebrated in Latin American and Mexican cultures? We are looking at the different representations of the image of woman through diverse influences. Contemporary, traditional and sculpture art will be considered.
ALAC Art Exhibition Statement:
ALAC Galeria 147 is the main gallery, located in the ALAC Cultural Center, a 501c3 Non-Profit Organization, located on the corner of 2nd Street & Adams; in the “Heart of Downtown Phoenix” The exhibition program is self-funded and promotes Latino ~ Xicano ~ Indigenous Artwork.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS & SELECTION PROCESS:
1. Open to Latina artists, 18 years and older with a focus on Latina women themes. Up to 6 entries permitted. 2. Artwork is required to be for sale and available throughout the exhibition. Once selected no substitutions
will be accepted. Artwork will remain on display for the term of the exhibit.
3. Price range for artwork; $100 to $1,500 per piece. Please consider this carefully when pricing work as
prices listed on application cannot be changed once selected.
4. Original artwork in all media and styles (Traditional or Contemporary) 2 and 3 dimensional will be considered. 5. The artwork is selected using a blind jurying process and the selection jury will consist of artists from various
disciplines. Originality, quality of exeucution and adequacy of the theme is the #1 criterion for the
judging of artwork.
6. No late entries will be accepted. All entries must be ready to hang. Artwork that is not ready to hang properly
will not be accepted even if they were juried into the exhibit.
1. Sales Profit: 40/60% split with 40% donation to ALAC from all artwork.
2. Insurance: Artwork is insured for the duration of the exhibition by ALAC for a total of $1000; the artist is reponsible for any extra insurance.
ARTIST CONTACT INFORMATION: Name___________________________________________________________________________________________ Address_______________________________City_______________________State_._________Zip_____________ Phone/day______________________________________Phone/cell_______________________________________ Email (for best communication)_____________________________________________________________________ ARTIST SUBMISSION CHECKLIST:
___1. Digital Images and list of images jpeg or pdf format.___2. Short Bio & Artist statement (1page or less) ___3. Entry Fee: $10 per entry or $25 to submit 3 (ALAC Members exempt but must be current members) __________Check enclosed or credit card_______VISA_______MC______AM EXP_______DISCOVER
Name on card______________________________________________________________________________ Credit or Debit card number__________________________________________________Exp. date________ CVVC (Back of card) #______________________________________
EXHIBITION DATES: May 1 Though June 29, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 17, 2013 Midnight
Please email jpeg format to firstname.lastname@example.org, mail or hand deliver to ALAC La Galeria 147: Arte Latina 147 E. Adams St. Phoenix, AZ 85004
ARTIST NOTIFICATION via Email confirmation if your work has been selected
ARTWORK DUE DATE for delivery at ALAC April 26, 2013 between Noon-4:30 pm
ARTWORK PICK-UP DATE: June 7, 2013 11am-6pm
CURATORS: Gina Azima & José Andrés Girón, Galeria 147 Curator.
For questions or more information contact Coordinators:
email@example.com (ALAC Curator Gina Azima 480-466-9101) or firstname.lastname@example.org (ALAC Galeria 147 Curator Jose Andres Giron 602-300-2752)