Reflections of Autumn Juried Exhibition
Starkweather Arts Center invites members and nonmembers to submit artwork for a juried exhibition that celebrates the beauty and diversity of the Autumn season.
Juror: Barbara Miner
Reflections of Autumn Juried Exhibition will be curated by Barbara Miner. Barbara Miner currently holds the position of Associate Professor and Associate Chair in the Department of Art, at the University of Toledo, in Toledo, OH. Her mixed media and installation works have been exhibited nationally and internationally in over 50 exhibitions. She has participated in numerous national and international artist’s residencies. Miner has also received both internal and external grants in support of her research and art practice, as well as numerous Awards for Excellence/Merit.
1. Eligibility: Maximum 3 entries per artist. Artists must be 18 years or older. Acceptable media: oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, drawing, graphics, fiber, photography, and sculpture. Original work must be completed within the last two years and not previously exhibited at Starkweather Arts Center. All work must be original. All entries must be for sale and priced. No PORs. A 40% commission will be taken by Starkweather Arts Center on all artwork sales.
2. Application: Image requirements: high resolution JPEG files no larger than 1500 pixels wide and 300dpi. File name must contain artist name, title, and medium and match the artwork submission information in the entry form. Artwork images must be submitted on CD or flash drive with entry form.
3. Entry Form: Fill out the entry form and artwork submission form available at www.starkweatherarts.com under Call for Art. Entries are also accepted online using our online submission form and payment may be made using pay pal.
4. Entry Fee: $25 for up to 3 entries. Checks should be made out to Starkweather Arts Center. Online Submission: Entries are also accepted online at www.starkweatherarts.com under call for art and payment may be made using pay pal.
5. Hanging: All work must be ready for hanging or installation. All entries should be able to be handled by one person.
6. Liability: Shipping and insurance is the responsibility of the artist, with arrangements for return shipping costs. The Starkweather Arts Center is not responsible for any damage during shipment. The Starkweather Arts Center will be responsible for insurance while art work is on display.
1. Entry Deadline: September 12
Artists’ entries must be postmarked by September 12, 2013. Entries should be mailed to: Starkweather Arts Center, Att: Reflections of Autumn, PO Box 631, Romeo, MI 48065. Entries are also accepted online at :http://www.starkweatherarts.com/#!call-for-art/c23j7
2. Artist Notification: September 16 by phone or email.
3. Accepted Art Delivery: September 27 and 28 for Hand Delivery; September 27 for Mail Delivery Accepted artwork is to be dropped off at Starkweather Arts Center between 10am - 4pm. Shipped artwork should be sent by USPS to Starkweather Arts Center, PO Box 631, Romeo MI 48065. Artwork must be received by September 21 (this is not the postmark date). Shipped artwork must include prepaid return shipping expenses and reusable packaging/crating.
4. Opening Reception: October 4
5. Art Pick Up: November 8 and 9 for Hand Delivery. Artwork is to be picked up at Starkweather Arts Center between 10am - 4pm.
6. Shipping Delivery: November 8
Artwork will be taken to USPS and shipped back to the artist on November 8.