1st: $250 2nd: $125 3rd: $75; 3 HONORABLE MENTIONS
- Open to all artists in the Pacific region
- All work must be original and not previously exhibited at Pacific Art League.
- All work must be ready to hang with proper hanging device(s).
- All work must be for sale; members (above basic membership level) receive 70% on sales; basic members receive 60%.
- Size of work limited to 40” either length or width, including frame
- All work must be labeled on the front and back with artist’s name, title, medium, size and price.
SUBMISSION PROCESS (NEW!!!)
For best results, please submit jpg images which are 1920 pixels @ 72 dpi on the longest side. However, you may also submit TIFF, BMP or PNG images, and they may be larger or smaller than the suggested dimension. Note: All images will be resized to 1920 pixels (longest side), so please no images less than 800 pixels long. Directions on how to photograph your work and properly size images can be found on the Help page.
ABOUT THE JUROR
Californian painter Timon Sloane is known for his luminous contemporary landscapes that glow as if lit from within. Plein Air Magazine recently discussed Sloane in a featured article covering his work and career, describing the artist as possessing “an exceptionally well-developed understanding of the technical and professional aspects of being an artist” (June – July 2013). His paintings have been exhibited as the Coastside Art Gallery (Half Moon Bay, CA), LeGrand Fine Art (Richmond, VA), the Los Gatos Art Museum, the Society of Western Artists Gallery (Redwood City, CA), Allegro (Woodside, CA), San Luis Obispo Museum of Art, and Studio Gallery (San Francisco, CA). He is currently represented by Gump’s (San Francisco, CA) and the Artist Guild of San Francisco.