You are cordially invited to participate in the second Project: Postcard
exhibit and fundraiser, sponsored by the Department of Art at New Mexico
State University. Alumni, students and faculty, friends, former faculty,
visiting artists and community artists are welcome and encouraged to be
a part of the event by submitting an original work of art, postcard-sized,
to be included in the exhibit and presented for sale at the closing event.
All proceeds will benefit the endowment supporting the Visiting Artist and
Scholar Program. Established in 2011, this biennial fundraising event has
proved to be a wonderful way to showcase the Department of Art and its
alumni, faculty, and friends. By participating with us, you will be an integral
part of the success of this biennial event, as we join together to promote
fine art, artists, and the educational mission of the Department of Art.
Open to NMSU Art alumni, faculty (current and former), students, friends, former visiting artists, community artists
and any artist who wishes to support the NMSU Department of Art’s Visiting Artist and Scholar Program.
Create an original work of art following these criteria:
• Outside dimensions must be 5” x 7” (horizontal or vertical format), and the artwork must be UNFRAMED.
• Open to all media.
• Limit two artworks per artist.
• Artist’s signature and date must be clearly written on the reverse/back side of the artwork. No identifying
name or signature may be present on the face of the artwork. All artwork will be displayed as anonymous to the viewers.
• All submitted artworks must be donated free and clear to the NMSU Department of Art for the
Project: Postcard exhibit & sale and related activities.
• The committee reserves the right to withhold any artwork from the exhibit.
Artwork must be accompanied by a completed artist’s entry form and mailed, shipped or hand-delivered to the
NMSU Department of Art (see reverse for instructions) by September 13, 2013.