(the female figure in folklore and myth)November 17 to December 19
Opening Reception Sunday November 17, 2 to 6 pm
CALL FOR ARTISTS
1. Exhibition is open to residents 18 years or older, living in NY, NJ and PA.
2. All work must be original and by the artist.
3. We prefer that work be hand delivered to the gallery, but will accept pre-paid shipment of work
through the Post Office with return packaging to and from the gallery.
4. Art work must be ready for hanging and/or installation and must not exceed 48” in any direction.
Please no saw tooth hangers. Size limitations for sculptural and video pieces will be considered individually.
5. All accepted art work must remain at the gallery for the duration of the exhibit. *Upon delivery of work, the gallery has the right to reject work that is not consistent with submitted digital images.
Fees – There is no entry fee to enter exhibit. Accepted artists pay a nominal fee of $25, by cash, check or money order payable to Hamilton Street Gallery to cover costs for promotional mailing, hanging, lighting and installation. Hamilton Street Gallery charges 25% commission on art work sold. Sales will be finalized at the end of each exhibition.
Insurance – Hamilton Street Gallery will provide insurance for work upon receiving art, during exhibition and up until work is picked up. We are not responsible for artwork while in transit to and from the gallery.
Submission Guidelines –
There are two ways to submit work:
A. Up to 5 digital file submissions will be accepted via email to email@example.com or
B. Up to 5 images on a CD rom can be mailed through the Post Office
1. All submissions must be in JPEG format in the order you would like them viewed with artist name and title of work. Images cannot be larger than 800 x 800 pixels at 72 DPI.
2. An image list on paper, numbered in the order in which they appear on the CD, including title of work, media, dimensions, date, and price.
3. One page resume (please include phone number and email address)
4. An artist statement (optional but encouraged)
5. An SASE for return of materials if requested
6. Video and performance artists should submit DVDs labeled with name, title, date and price
*(All submissions should be received, not post marked, by the deadline date.)
Please mail completed submission package in an envelope no larger than 9” x 12” to: Hamilton Street Gallery ,P.O. Box 710, Bound Brook, New Jersey 08805.
or email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important dates to remember:
Deadline for exhibit - Sunday Oct. 15 2013
Notification of acceptance by email - Tuesday Oct. 22, 2013.
Delivery Dates - Thurs. Nov. 7, 12 to 5 pm. Fri. Nov. 8, 5 to 8 pm., and Sat. Nov. 9, 12 to 5 pm.
Opening Reception - Sunday Nov 17, 2013 2 to 6 pm.
Pick up dates - Thurs. Dec. 19, 12 to 5 pm, Fri. Dec. 20, 5 to 8 pm Sat. Dec. 21, 12 to 5 pm.