THE GALLERY AT MAYFAIR
JURIED ART EXHIBITION
Mayfair Festival of the Arts is announcing a new event for 2014: The Gallery at Mayfair, Juried Art Exhibition, 2014. This new exhibition welcomes artist from across the United States who work in any visual art media. The Gallery is located in the Collector’s Café, on the ground of the Arts Festival (which has been running for 27 consecutive years and attracts 35,000-45,000 annual visitors from eastern PA and western NJ.)
Lehigh County Agricultural Society’s Exhibit Hall (Ag Hall), Allentown Fairgrounds, 1950 Liberty St. Allentown, PA. All work will remain on display: Friday, May 23, 10 a.m. through Monday, May 26, 2014, 7 p.m.
Art preparation requirements:
2D: Up to a total of 30" x 30", including frame. Work must be framed and prepared for hanging.
3D: Work may be displayed on the floor or pedestal. The pedestal must be provided by the artist.
Eligibility: All media is eligible. Artists must be over 18 years.
DELIVERY OR SHIPMENT OF ACCEPTED WORK:
IN PERSON DELIVERY TO AG HALL:
Wednesday, May 21, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
DELIVERY BY PARCEL SERVICE:
1. WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT WORK THAT HAS BEEN PROFESSIONALLY PACKAGED AND SHIPPED! Neither Mayfair nor your shipping company will cover damage caused because you packed your own artwork, therefore WE WILL REFUSE RECEIPT OF ALL PACKAGES WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN PACKED BY A PROFESSIONAL SHIPPING COMPANY.
2. WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT WORK THAT INCLUDES A PRE-PAID SHIPPING CALL TAG AND INSURANCE THAT COVERS THE LISTED VALUE OF YOUR WORK! Mayfair will not pay the cost to return unsold work, therefore WE WILL REFUSE RECEIPT OF ALL PACKAGES WHICH DO NOT INCLUDE PRE-PAID SHIPPING AND INSURANCE.
3. SHIPPED WORKS WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLY ON Thursday May 15, Friday May 16, and Monday May 19, 2014! Please check the delivery date of your package as we can only accept packages on those days. PACKAGES WHICH ARRIVE ON DAYS OTHER THAN 05/15, 05/16, 05/19 WILL BE REFUSED.
Ship to: The Gallery at Mayfair
Mayfair Festival of the Arts
2141 Downyflake Lane, 2nd Floor
Allentown PA 18103
PICK-UP Or RETURN SHIPPING:
1. Work may not be picked up before the close of the exhibition.
2. PLEASE PICK UP YOUR ARTWORK ON FESTIVAL GROUNDS ON Tuesday, May 27, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. All work that is not picked up from Ag Hall by 5 p.m. will be brought to the Mayfair office and artists will be required to make arrangements with the Mayfair staff, however the work will not be insured after 5:00 p.m. Tuesday May 27.
3. If you shipped your artwork it must have a pre-paid return shipping call tag and insurance and will be sent back to you on Tuesday May 27.
COMMISSION ON SALES
If your work is sold during Mayfair, you will receive 70% of your sale price by June 30, 2014.
To enter: www.MayfairFestival.org
Required submission materials:
Submit up to 3 images identified with artist, medium, size, value and delivery method (drop off or shipping).
All applications: $35.00
First Place: $500 (1 awarded) Second place $250 (2 awarded)
Juror: Ricardo Viera, professor and director/curator of the Lehigh University Art Galleries/Museum Operation, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Viera was born in Cuba in 1945 and came to the United States in 1962. He graduated from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, Tufts University, and the Rhode Island School of Design, and has a Certificate of attendance from the Museum Management Program, University of Colorado Museum, Boulder.
He has had numerous one-person and group exhibitions in the United States and abroad, including the Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston; Museum of Art, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence; American Painters in Paris, France; Allentown Art Museum, Pennsylvania; Transitions in Art, Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Massachusetts; The Kadishman Connection, Israel Museum, Israel; Sordoni Art Gallery, Wilkes-Barre, PA; Art on the Go, Northeastern Pennsylvania; Canton Art Institute, Ohio; Artists Who Make Prints, Organization of Independent Artists, NY; 5th Latin American Print Biennial, San Juan, PR; Celebration ’81 Invitational, Balch Institute, Philadelphia; Albright College, PA; Cuba/USA, including 6 venues: Chicago, Washington DC, St. Paul, Miami, & Tampa; Philadelphia Print Club, Muhlenberg College, Gettysburg College, PA; Nexus Gallery, Philadelphia; and AAM Associate American Artists, NY.
Viera’s works are included in collections such as: Allentown Art Museum, PA; Canton Art Institute, Ohio; Cleveland Museum; Miami-Dade Public Library System, FL; Cintas Foundation, FL; Florida International University, Miami; J.C.Penney Corporation, New York; Tel Aviv Museum, Israel; Museum of Art, Ft. Lauderdale, FL; the Federal Society for the Arts & Humanities, Lagos, Nigeria; and Lehigh University Teaching Collection, Bethlehem, PA, among others, as well as number of private collections.
Deadline for submission: January 20, 2014
Notification of acceptance on or before: March 15, 2014
Accepted work shipped to us accepted on: Thursday May 15, Friday May 16, or Monday May 19
Accepted work delivered on Festival grounds: Wednesday May 21, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Artist reception: May 23, 2014 4:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Work picked up on Festival grounds: Tuesday, May 27 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Mayfair office: 610-437-6900