Mayfair Festival of the Arts, located in an indoor/outdoor events center in Allentown's upscale west end theater district, has been the premier fine arts and fine crafts festival in the Lehigh Valley region (metropolitan Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton and western NJ) for 27 years. With an annual attendance of 35,000-45,000, it is one of the largest events in the region. The show features indoor and outdoor artist markets, an art gallery, art installations, music, food and more. We invite artists and craftspeople of all mediums to apply. We offer suitable space for exhibiting finer works of art in our climate-controlled Artist Market, while the outdoor Artist Market offers a more traditional festival locale. This breadth and diversity is what draws our audience. The Lehigh Valley, a bedroom community to New York City and Philadelphia, has been the fastest growing region in Pennsylvania for many years. With a median household income above the state-wide average, and home to 11 higher education institutions and two Fortune 500 company headquarters, the Lehigh Valley is a prime spot to exhibit and sell your work.
• Average attendance 35,000 - 45,000
• Indoor and outdoor Artist Markets to choose from:
- Indoor exhibit hall offering climate-controlled Artist Market. Pipe and drape included in booth fee.
- Outdoor Artist Market (2 options: inside the large tented Artist Market area, or in your own tent)
• Located in a walkable, upscale theater district
• Limited to 150 vendors
• Gated admission $5 for weekend pass
• Load-in/load-out assistance and booth sitters
• Free on-site parking in adjacent parking lot
• Post cards available to artists for marketing
• Discounts at area hotels, onsite 24-hour RV parking ($20/day)
• 24-hour security; buildings locked when closed
• Significant advertising:
- In-home distribution (insert in local newspapers) of program booklet with artist descriptions
- TV, newspapers, radio ads
- Social media, website marketing (please repost on your sites!)
• 3 ½ day event – opening night hours Friday 4pm-9pm, and 11am-7pm Sat, Sun, & Mon (Memorial Day)
Please note: Mayfair runs TWO JURY ROUNDS
November 22, 2013 - Application opens
January 15, 2014 - Deadline for applications
January 22, 2014 - Invitations to artists
February 14, 2014 - Deadline to respond to invitation
LATE JURY DATES
NOTE: There is an additional fee for late jury ($50 per 10x10 space) and some categories may already be filled
February 15, 2014 - Late jury round application opens
March 17, 2014 - Deadline for late jury round applications
March 21, 2014 - Invitations to artists
April 14, 2014 - Deadline to respond to invitation
May 23, 2014 - Setup 9am-3pm / Opening night of Artist Market 4pm-9pm
May 24, 2014 - Artist Market Open 11am-7pm
May 25, 2014 - Artist Market Open 11am-7pm
May 26, 2014 - Artist Market Open 11am-7pm / End of Festival
Categories will be filled on a first- come basis. Once filled, you will be added to a waitlist.
10x10 = $325
10x20 = $550
10x30 = $775
(Additional booth fees if you apply during late jury round.)
There will be overnight security, both indoors and outdoors, but Mayfair cannot be responsible for theft or damage, so things left overnight will be at your own risk. We strongly recommend every artist have insurance for their business.
SCHEDULE: *Note: Artist Market hours are shorter than Festival hours*
2014 ARTIST MARKET HOURS:
Friday, May 23, 4:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday, May 24, 11:00am to 7:00pm
Sunday, May 25, 11:00am to 7:00pm
Monday, May 26, 11:00am to 7:00pm
2014 FESTIVAL HOURS:
Friday, May 23, 10:00pm to 10:30pm
Saturday, May 24, 11:00am to 10:30pm
Sunday, May 25, 11:00am to 10:30pm
Monday, May 26, 11:00am to 7:00pm
• Artist must be 18 years of age or older.
• Items must be artist’s original concept & execution.
• No kits, commercial molds, manufactured goods or imports.
• Artist not displaying her or his own craft will be asked to leave the festival. No refunds will be given.
• Mayfair reserves the right to determine the eligibility of all work submitted and will attempt to keep any one art form from becoming too abundant.
• Artist must be present in booth during show hours; if you don’t have a partner in your booth, sitters will be available to cover short breaks.
• Artist are expected to operate their booths during all Artist Market hours. Any artist who leaves the show early will not be considered for future participation.
• Artists must collect and pay 6% PA sales tax to the state. Call PA Department of Revenue: 717-787-1064.
• Artists must complete a City of Allentown Business Registration Questionnaire and submit a $35 fee to the city. Call 610-437-7501 or visit http://www.allentownpa.gov (click on “Forms and Applications”).
• If you are a culinary artist offering any samples (food or beverage) you will also need a City of Allentown Temporary Food Service License. Call the Allentown Health Department at 610-437-7759 or find the Temporary Food Service License form under “Health” on the City’s website: http://www.allentownpa.gov
ALL TAXES AND FORMS REQUIRED BY THE STATE OR THE CITY MUST BE SENT DIRECTLY TO THE LICENSING OR PERMITTING AGENCY IN CITY OR STATE OFFICES. These are government agencies that are completely unconnected to Mayfair.
No pets, except service animals, are allowed on festival grounds. Please leave your furry friends at home.
All sales are final, except in the case that the Festival is cancelled 30 days or more before the start of the event.
• Booth spaces are 10’x10’. Discounts for double or triple spaces.
• Artists may choose to be inside or outside.
- Indoor booths must be decorated WITHOUT using a popup tent.
- Outside artists may choose a booth inside the large, Mayfair-provided Artist Market tent, or choose to use their own tent located outside the Mayfair Artist Market tent. If using your own tent outdoors, artists must supply a white, waterproof tent/canopy (with walls) able to withstand a 40mph wind with 60mph gusts.
• Artists must supply their own tables, chairs and display items.
• Mayfair will supply up to 200 watts of electricity per booth for lighting only, free of charge. No additional electric power is available. Please bring one 50 foot 120 volt, 20 amp extension cord, rated 12/3 AWG (American Wire Gauge), 3-conductor (3-prong plug), water resistant, for heavy duty outdoor use.
• If your vehicle is part of your outdoor display, it must be pre-approved. Please contact us to discuss your setup.
• Booth Setup Hours: Friday 9am to 3pm (Festival opens officially at 4pm after school field trip day)
• Booth Restocking Hours: 8am to 10am Sat, Sun, Mon
Mayfair is a rain-or-shine event.