The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery has two gallery spaces available for artists working in all mediums to show their artwork. Our larger back gallery space in dedicated to larger group exhibitions, through themed open call exhibitions. Our smaller front gallery is reserved for either solo or group exhibition proposals, consisting of artwork on a smaller scale, or only a few larger pieces. Our front gallery allows for artists to experiment, present new ideas, and showcase a body of work that is well planned and crafted within the outlines of there presented proposal. We accept proposals for this space on an ongoing basis, and are currently seeking artists for the 2014 exhibition year.
- We accept proposals from individual artists, collaborative teams, and individuals who would like to propose a curated exhibition.
- Established and emerging artists, working in any media are encouraged to submit artwork, including but not limited to: painting, drawing, video, printmaking, installation, sculpture, photography, ceramics, fiber, and digital works.
- We currently have spots open for artists to exhibit their artwork during the following months: March, April, May, June, August, September, October, December.
- The submission fee is free, but a fee of $25 for a solo submission, and $50 for a group submission (more then one person) will be required, if you are selected to exhibit artwork. Fees are nonrefundable.
- All exhibition proposals will be reviewed by the FACRAG staff, and artists will be notified of a decision within 1 to 2 weeks of their submission date.
- If the artwork that you are proposing is not complete, please indicate that somewhere in your proposal. If you are not able to submit images of the actual pieces that you are proposing, please include other images that reflect your themes and ideas, capability, and past artwork. Group proposals must include images for each participating artist.
- The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery retains 25% commission of any sales made during the exhibition.
- All artists are responsible for both initial and return shipping of any artwork that is sent to the gallery. Please include any return shipping labels with your artwork.
- The Franklin Arts Center, Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery, and our gallery staff and directors, are not responsible for artwork that is damaged or stolen while the artwork is being shipped, or during the exhibition. Our gallery staff will do their best to handle all artwork with care and consideration.
- The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery staff and director has the sole discretion to remove any artwork from the gallery display, at any time, as they see fit.
The Following Is A List Of Everything That Is Provided For You And Your Exhibition:
- A 1 month exhibition in our front gallery space.
- Artwork labels and exhibition signage.
- Installation of artwork by our gallery technicians.
- Exhibition posters, which will be distributed within the local community.
- Exhibition postcards, which will be mailed to the gallery's mailing list (a portion of the postcards will be provided to the artist upon request).
- A public reception, in conjunction with the group exhibition occurring at the same time as your exhibition, including light refreshments.
- Online and social media promotion before and throughout the exhibition (Facebook and our gallery website), and email notifications sent to our email list.
- A press release: written and sent to local media and art related outlets.
Artwork Accepted For Exhibition
- All artwork must arrive to the gallery ready to hang or display.
- All artwork should be clearly labeled with the following: artist's name, artwork title, medium, dimensions, date of completion, and sale price.
- All artwork must have been completed within the last 2 years.
- All artwork must be for sale.
- All video or projection works must include instructions and equipment necessary for display.
- All artwork will remain in the gallery for the entire time period of the exhibition.
Submission Guidelines And Requirements
Please note that we only accept exhibition proposal submissions through email. All requested documents, information, and images must be submitted for consideration, or your submission will be ignored.
Please send proposals to Martin Nelson at:
The Following Is Required For A Complete Submission Proposal:
- Contact information: Full Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number(s), email, and website address
- 10 - 15 images that represent your artwork. Submit only work that you think will best fit with our gallery and the given space.
- Images should be labeled, name_title_01
- An image list should be included with the following information: title, medium, dimensions, date of completion, and sale price. If an image is a detail of a larger work, please indicate this as well.
- Artist Resume (no more than 2 pages)
- Artist Statement
- Project Proposal (no more than 1 page)
- Your first choice for exhibition month, and one additional month
- .jpg file format
- sRGB color profile
- 1000 pixels on longest edge for image files
- 640 pixels on longest edge for video files
- 72 ppi resolution
- Image submissions should not be larger than 5 mb per file
- Video submissions should be .mov or .wmv file format not exceeding 5 minutes and no larger that 60 mb per file. A link to a website where we can view your video submissions is also acceptable.