If you’ve ever tried to get started either making a piece of art or writing, you know how frustrating it can be to find yourself in that creative blank zone. Sometimes in the middle of a creative work, we can mentally freeze up and it is at that time that we most need an Imagination Initiation.
What it is: 3- 5 x 7 cards with 25 images and words that can be used individually or in combination to help stimulate the imagination and help the creative process to get moving again.
The Imagination Initiative Project is open to artists, scrapbookers, art journalers, sketchers, children, women, men, adults, people from all walks of life who want a chance to participate in a project and show their own unique crafts, artistry and creativity. Upon registration for the project, we send a kit to participants along with the rules for the project. Each participant is challenged to use the list provided in the kit to create 3--5” x7” Imagination Initiation cards using the template we provide as the backbone of the project. The cards are enhanced, embellished, beautified, artified by each participant in their own unique style and method to be visually stimulating.
Participants can paint, collage, use scrapbooking techniques, art journal, ink, draw, sketch, stamp, or other mixed media techniques along with a myriad of different medium options--ink, markers, paints, vintage ephemera, pastels, watercolor, colored pencils, even crayon to create their unique cards.
This project is open to everyone--you don't have to be an artist or a writer—you just have to be willing to share your unique styling.
REGISTER NOW to participate and we'll send your kit out so you can get started immediately! $45 participation and kit fee includes digitizing into online library and inclusion in the traveling art exhibition and gallery show(s). You'll have until April 30, 2014 to complete your cards.
Additionally, a dozen artists’ Imagination Initiation cards will be selected by our staff to be featured in an issue of Art Outside the Box monthly ezine.
Mail back your completed cards by April 30, 2014 and they will be included in an art exhibition and traveling art show in the United States through April 2015. Your completed projects will be available for viewing in our digital library by the end of May 2014. When the traveling art tour is completed in April, 2015, every participant who returned their completed templates will receive the two cards from different artist participants in exchange. The third card will be archived in our permanent collection.
Registration begins: January 28, 2014
Registration deadline: February 28, 2014
Post Mark deadline: April 30, 2014
Feature Artists Selected for ezine: June 2, 2014
Digital artwork online by: June 2, 2014
Art Shows Exhibitions and Tour Begins: June 2, 2014
Art Shows Exhibitions and Tour Ends: April 30, 2015
Participant Card Exchange Mailed Out: June 1, 2015
1. Registration must be completed by February 28, 2014. Postmark completed cards back to us by April 30, 2014.
2. All artwork must be original to the submitting artist.
3. Templates must be registered at www.artifyprojects.com/activate-barcode/ using our bar code system as included with instructions and rules in kit. Non-registered artwork will not be eligible for inclusion in the digital library or the art show exhibition(s). There is a bar code label attached to the back of the art in your kit. Please keep this bar code intact and unobscured. Register your bar code number to connect your book to your account and ensure your templates gets cataloged and registered. If your bar code(s) are damaged or lost please contact us.
4. In order to give consistency to the project, the templates we send in the kit must be the ones used. The templates are a specific type of paper and size. Please be aware that we cannot digitally archive pop-ups, fold outs, or larger dimensions than noted in these rules. We will not archive cards that do not follow the rules.
5. Do not include loose embellishments, textiles or items that dangle off of the templates, materials that smudge or can transfer to hands or other templates, glitter, ties, or scents. Abrasive, sharp, or hazardous materials are absolutely prohibited. Avoid delicate materials. Please do not use varnishes or glitter on the templates--use of these materials may eliminate your template from our digital library and the art exhibitions and shows. If you want glittery effects, please consider using glitter gel pens or twinkling H2Os. If you need to, we suggest using a LIGHT spray of art fixative over each page. Decoupage, even matte, can stick to other pieces so please consider this in your choices. The glossy decoupages and spray varnishes have been known to cause considerable stickiness often resulting in torn artwork.
6. Templates that miss the postmark deadline or do not follow the rules will not be included in the digital library or the art exhibitions and shows. Be sure all glues, paints, and other materials are completely dry before you mail it. Refunds are not given for any reason.