Join hundreds of others on this extraordinary journey and exhibition of Inspirational Art Journal Art Books.
This project is open to everyone--you don't have to be an artist or a writer, you just have to share what inspires you...but of course you can be an artist, a writer or both an artist and a writer.
The project is about sharing inspiring words and/or images. It is about sharing things that inspire you. It is designed to be uplifting, refreshing and positive-minded. Fill the book with your words, ideas, quotes, your original paintings, writings, mixed media, collage, scrapbooking, sketching or drawings or other mediums and methods. Use it like an art journal. It's your expression and inspiration.
REGISTER NOW to participate and we'll send your kit out so you can get started immediately! $65 participation and kit fee includes digitizing into online library and inclusion in the traveling art exhibition and gallery show(s). You'll have until August 1, 2014 to complete your art journal.
Additionally, a dozen artists/art journals will be selected by our staff to be featured in an issue of Art Outside the Box monthly ezine.
Mail back your completed art journal by August 1, 2014 and your art journal will be included in an art exhibition and traveling art show starting in Orlando, Florida and traveling throughout the United States through August 2015. Your art journal book will be available for viewing in our digital library by the beginning of January 2015. When the traveling art tour is completed, your art journal will be archived in the Atlantic Arts Library and Art Repository and will be available for public viewing at a permanent location as well as being eligible for inclusion in future traveling art shows and exhibitions.
REGISTRATION begins: January 28, 2014
Registration deadline: April 30, 2014
Return Post Mark deadline: August 1, 2014
Feature Artists Selected for ezine: September 1, 2014
Digital artwork online by: January 2, 2015
Art Shows Exhibitions and Tour Begins: January 5, 2015
Art Shows Exhibitions and Tour Ends: August 3, 2015
Art Journals Archived into Permanent Artify Projects Library Collection: August 31, 2015
1. REGISTRATION must be completed by April 30, 2014.
2. All artwork must be original to the submitting artist.
3. Art journal must be registered at www.artifyprojects.com/activate-barcode/ using our bar code system as included with instructions and rules in kit. Non-registered art journals will not be eligible for inclusion in the digital library or the art show exhibition(s). There is a bar code label attached to the back cover of the art journal in your kit. Please keep this bar code intact and unobscured. Register your bar code number to connect your book to your account and ensure your art journal gets cataloged and registered. If your bar code is damaged or lost please contact us.
4. Art Journal books may not exceed the dimensions of 5” wide X 7” tall X 1” thick. Participants may rebind or alter the art journal book in any other way (see Rule #5). Please be aware that we cannot digitally archive books with pop-ups, fold outs, or larger dimensions than noted in these rules. We will not archive books that do not follow the rules.
5. Do not include loose embellishments, textiles or items that dangle outside the art journal, materials that smudge or can transfer to hands or other art journal books, glitter, ties, or scents. Abrasive, sharp, or hazardous materials are absolutely prohibited. Avoid delicate materials. Please do not use varnishes or glitter on the interior or exterior pages--use of these materials may eliminate your art journal from our digital library and the art exhibitions and shows. If you want glittery effects, please consider using glitter gel pens or twinkling H2Os. If you need to, we suggest using a LIGHT spray of art fixative over each page. Decoupage, even matte, can cause pages to stick together and ruin your book so please consider this in your choices. The glossy decoupages and spray varnishes have been known to cause considerable stickiness between pages often resulting in torn artwork.
6. Books that miss the postmark deadline or do not follow the rules will not be included in the digital library or the art exhibitions and shows. Be sure all glues, paints, and other materials are completely dry before you mail it. Refunds are not given for any reason