Call for Artists ~ Gallery M Squared
“Paper Cuts II”
Gallery M Squared is pleased to announce our request for artist’s submissions for “Paper Cuts II” an all paper two-part exhibition. The first exhibit opens Thursday, July 10, 2014, and ends Sunday, August 3, 2014. The second exhibit opens August 7, 2014 and ends Sunday August 31, 2014. This is an open call to all artists working with paper.
Up to Thirty Two (32) 2D artists working with paper will be selected to participate in this unique exhibition opportunity. Four (4) works by each selected artist will be displayed over a two (2) month period, two works per artist, each month. All accepted works are to be for sale with the gallery retaining a 40% commission on sales.
Artists should submit up to three (3) images of EXAMPLE work, not work to be exhibited, accepted artists will create new work for the actual exhibit. Example work will be juried via photo(s) on plain computer print paper. There is no need to use expensive photo paper. We will use a blind juror process so please do not sign your name to your print outs. One (1) entry per artist. Deadline for entry submission is Tuesday, April 15, 2014. Accepted artists will be notified by phone between April 17 and 19, 2014. All four (4) new artworks by the accepted artists for the exhibit will be due at the gallery by June 25, 2014, 6pm.
This year the jurors will be Patrick Palmer, Dean and Studio School Faculty Chair and Department Head of Art History at the Glassell School of Art, part of The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and John De La Cruz a member of the Art Colony Association of Directors for the Bayou City Art Festival.
Download the prospectus at: http://www.gallerymsquared.com/call_for_artists.php Fill out the form at the end of the prospectus and send submissions and a money order in the amount of $30.00 US made payable to Gallery M Squared to:
Gallery M Squared/Call for Entries
339 W. 19th St.
Houston, TX. 77008
Requirements for acceptance of 2D works:
1. All works must be original and produced by the artist.
2. All works must be square measuring no smaller than 13” X 13” and no larger than 22” X 22”, this is required for presentation purposes.
3. Works must be ready to mount, gallery will use “Acid Free, Linen Hinging Tape.”
4. All works must be on paper. Handmade paper is acceptable. (No tissue or rice papers will be accepted due to mounting requirements.)
5. Gallery M Squared will provide ALL presentation frames for the exhibit. Frames will be 2’ X 2’ wood painted white. Gallery M Squared will mount all the works. For out of area artists, Gallery M Squared will pay for return shipping if applicable.
Submission, Exhibition, Reception Dates and Prizes
All artwork submissions to be juried are due by Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 6pm.
Accepted Artists will be notified by phone April 17-19, 2014.
Thursday July 10, 2014 will open the first part of “Paper Cuts II” with an opening reception the same evening from 7pm. – 9pm. Exhibit ends on Sunday August 3, 2014.
The work will be changed out August 4-6, 2014.
Thursday August 7, 2014 will open the second part of “Paper Cuts II” with an opening reception the same evening from 7pm – 9pm. Exhibit ends on Sunday August 31, 2014.