Rosalux Gallery 10th Annu...
Notification Date: 05/13/14
Drop Off / Set Up
Pick Up / Tear Down
Show Start: 06/05/14
Show Close: 06/29/14
OPEN DOOR TEN (June 5th – 29th, 2014)
Rosalux Gallery (Minneapolis, MN) announces a national call for entries for it’s 10th annual Open Door juried group exhibition. Open to all US residents working in any 2D/ 3D media except video. Only works completed within the past two years are eligible.
ABOUT ROSALUX GALLERY
Rosalux is a cooperative art gallery that was founded in Minneapolis in 2002. The gallery is home to twenty artists whose work is well known both nationally and internationally, featured in various major collections, and who have individually received numerous prestigious awards and grant recognitions. The gallery is located in the Van Buren Building in the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District. Open Door is an exciting opportunity for non-member artists to showcase their work in the gallery. Typically, this exhibition is reviewed and receives extensive press coverage.
JUROR: Jill Schroeder
Jill Schroeder studied art and art history at the University of Minnesota with an emphasis in photography. She developed her artwork while pursuing a branding and marketing job at her family’s business, Schroeder Milk Co., and familiarized with Minneapolis’ flourishing art scene. Collaborations with designers and creatives eventually led to a move to Austin, where after volunteering in the art community Jill opened grayDUCK Gallery to the public in May 2010. grayDUCK is a contemporary art space that invites viewers to discover connections between art, creativity and their everyday lives. The gallery exhibits artists from a broad range of experience, both locally and nationally. Schroeder lives and works in East Austin with her partner Mark, their dog Etta Ruth and an ancient bird named Onnie.
Submission Deadline May 9th
Artists Notification May 13th
Deadline for Receipt of Work for Exhibition Shipped May 30th // Hand Delivered June 1st
Opening Reception June 14th
Work Returned July 1st
Exhibition opens June 5th and closes June 29th. An opening reception will be held Saturday June 14th from 7pm – 10pm. All artists and their guests are welcome.
Entries must be submitted online no later than midnight May 9th. Late applications will not be considered. Please attach all application materials in an email to email@example.com. In the email subject line write OPEN DOOR, then your first and last name (example: OPEN DOOR, John Doe).
Required Application Materials: (all below written materials should be in Word or PDF format)
- Artist Statement, brief (no more than 1 page)
- Resume, (no more than 1 page)
- Three images of works completed within the past two years. Save images as JPEG files, 72dpi in size, longest dimension less than 2000 pixels. Save images with your first initial, last name, and image number as it appears on your corresponding image list (Example: JDoe01.jpg).
- Image list. Title of work, medium, dimensions (L” x W” x H”), date of completion, price of piece if for sale. For installations and performance works, please list a short description of the wall, floor, ceiling space required as well as the tools, outlets, etc. required for the display of your piece(s).
- $25 entry fee. Payable online through paypal. http://rosaluxgallery.com/open-door-call-for-artists-juried-show/#.UzbXkdy9Ydt
Pen and Ink
Printmaking (hand pulled)