The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery presents our May exhibition titled, "Mono Pop". An exhibition combining two very different concepts and techniques within each piece of artwork, or on their own, depending on the artist's perspective. The title Mono Pop, is created from the word monochromatic and the "pop" effect from something that is 3D.
Monochromatic: containing black and white, or varying tones of only one single color.
Three Dimensional (3D): having or appearing to have length, breadth, and depth.
In this exhibition, we invite artists to explore one or both of these concepts within their artwork. We will be accepting artwork that is either (1) monochromatic, (2) 3D, or (3) incorporates both monochromatic and 3D designs. Artwork that incorporates 3D aspects can be both real and implied. This group exhibition will be on display in our back gallery space throughout the month of May. All artists that submit artwork, that fits the theme and guidelines, will be included in this exhibition.
Online Entry/Submission Deadline: Sunday, April 27, 2014
Visit the link below to complete the submission form:
Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery, Located inside the Franklin Arts Center, in Brainerd, Minnesota
Calendar Of Events
Online Entry/Submission Deadline: Sunday, April 27, 2014
Deadline For Dropped Off Artwork: Monday, April 28, 2014, 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Deadline For Shipped Artwork: Monday, April 28, 2014
Exhibition Opening Reception - Friday, May 2, 2014, 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Exhibition Opens - Saturday, May 3, 2014
Exhibition Closes - Saturday, May 31, 2014
Pick Up Artwork - Monday, June 2, 2014, 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Return Shipped Artwork - Monday, June 2 - Saturday, June 7, 2014
* All artwork, whether dropped off or shipped, must arrive to the gallery by the given dates above. Any artwork that arrives after these dates will not be included in the exhibition.
Shipping | Dropping Off Artwork
All artwork for this exhibition can be shipped to the gallery, at the following address:
1001 Kingwood St, Suite 215
Brainerd, MN 56401
If you are dropping off artwork, it can be done so on the following day and time:
Monday, April 28, 2014
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Established and emerging artists, working in any media are encouraged to submit artwork, including but not limited to: painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, ceramics, and fiber, as long as the piece follows the guidelines below.
- Only artwork that can be hung on the wall will be accepted for this exhibition. If your artwork incorporates a 3D aspect, it must be on a sturdy/supporting surface of some sort, that is able to be attached and hung from the wall.
- All artwork must be no larger then 3' x 4' in size.
- All artwork must arrive to the gallery ready to hang and display, with proper wiring and hanging systems.
- A limit of 3 pieces will be accepted per artist, with an overall submission fee of $10. Payment can be made through Paypal at the end of the submission form. Fees are nonrefundable.
- All artwork should be clearly labeled with the following: artist's name, artwork title, medium, dimensions, date of completion, and sale price.
- All artwork will remain in the gallery for the entire time period of the exhibition.
- All artists are responsible for both initial and return shipping of any artwork that is sent to the gallery. Please include any return shipping labels with your artwork.
- The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery retains 25% commission of any sales made during the exhibition.
- All artwork, whether dropped off or shipped, must arrive to the gallery by Monday, April 28, 2014. Any artwork that arrives after this date will not be included in the exhibition.
- Any artwork that is not picked up after 30 days of the designated pick up date, will be considered abandoned and will then become property of the gallery, and may be disposed of.
- If you are unable to drop off or pick up your artwork on the given dates and times, please contact the Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery, so other arrangements can be made.
- The gallery will provide exhibition posters and postcards, along with online promotion through our website and various social media sites.
- The gallery will provide a free opening reception, which will be open to the public. All artists are invited to attend, along with people from the community and elsewhere.
- All artwork that is submitted may be photographed by gallery staff and used for promotion and other purposes online on our website and social media sites.
- The Franklin Arts Center, Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery, and our gallery staff and directors, are not responsible for artwork that is damaged or stolen while the artwork is being shipped, or during the exhibition. Our gallery staff will do their best to handle all artwork with care and consideration.
- The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery staff and director has the authority to hang and/or display the artwork provided in an arrangement that fits the gallery best. In addition, the gallery director has the sole discretion to remove any artwork from the gallery display, at any time, as they see fit.
About The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery
The Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery is a small art gallery located within the Franklin Arts Center, in Brainerd, Minnesota. As a gallery we strive to bring all people together through art. The Resident Artists Gallery focuses on presenting interesting and exciting exhibitions to the local community, and all who enter our doors. Through these shows, the gallery shows artwork by artists living and working within the Franklin Arts Center building, as well as bringing in other artists from the community and elsewhere to combine creative forces, and open people up to new artists, artwork, and creative ideas that they may have never experienced before.