Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital is seeking artists with physical disabilities from around the world who believe in encouraging the creative spirit in everyone, to reveal that this spirit is our most valuable human resource, a universal form of communication, and one that does not diminish with disability.
The exhibition is open to all living artist, regardless of experience or formal training, who have a physical disability. All work for consideration must have been created after the onset of disability. There are no entry fees. Disabilities will not be taken into consideration during judging. We encourage emerging artists and experienced artists alike to enter. Reception to be held Friday, November 7 from 6-9 pm at historic Proctors Theatre in Schenectady, NY.
All artwork submitted for consideration must be original or numbered fine art prints in limited editions of 50 or less. Eligible formats include paintings, drawings, digital art, fiber art, photographs and sculpture. All artworks must have been completed within the last five years.
1. Please submit your application online at and follow the user-friendly steps. If you have questions about how to upload your application call (518) 382-4586 or email Kathleen.Ziobrowski@sphp.com.
2. Each artist should submit a maximum of five images.
3. Submit a resume or C.V., biography, artist statement, and past reviews if available.
4. Entry and Artwork Identification forms must be completed in full.
5. Monday, June 16, 2014 is deadline for submission (postmarked deadline is Friday, June 13, 2014.
6. Submission materials will not be returned.
7. Accepted and non-accepted artists will be notified by July 13, 2014.
8. Selected artwork must be received no later than Monday, September 15, 2014.
1. By submitting this completed application, the artist agrees with the terms and conditions of the competition and exhibition. The artist also agrees and grants permission to Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation to photograph and publish the artwork, artist's biographical information, and descriptions of the artwork for promotional purposes in print, broadcast and/or electronic media including the internet.
2. Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation will not assume responsibility for submission materials while in transit.
1. Shipping instructions will be sent to accepted artists. Each artist will be responsible for shipping artwork to the exhibition sponsor insured and prepaid in new, sturdy, reusable cartons or crates. The exhibition sponsor will not be responsible for loss or damage of any kind during the initial transfer. Plexiglas must be used in framing; glass can only be used when framing pastel. The exhibition sponsor will assume responsibility for the return shipment(s) of artwork.
2. All artwork must be handled with the utmost care. Once received, the exhibition's sponsor's insurance coverage will be limited to the repair or replacement value, as stated by the artist on the artwork identification form in advance of the exhibition
In the event of a sale, the artist will be paid the price of the artwork listed by the artist on the artwork identification form, less 25 percent. A consignment agreement will be included with notification of all artwork accepted for exhibition. All artwork will be sold as is, including frame.