Mayfair Festival of the Arts, located in an indoor/outdoor events center in Allentown's upscale west end theater district, has been the premier fine arts and fine crafts festival in the Lehigh Valley region (metropolitan Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton and western NJ) for 28 years. With an annual attendance of 25,000-35,000, it is one of the largest events in the region. The show features indoor and outdoor artist markets, an art gallery, art installations, music, food and more. We invite artists and craftspeople of all mediums to apply. We offer suitable space for exhibiting fine art and fine craft in our climate-controlled indoor Artist Market, while the outdoor Artist Market is located right in front of the building on macadam, and at the end of food row in the grass. The breadth and diversity of our offerings is what draws our audience--there's something for everyone. The Lehigh Valley, a bedroom community to New York City and Philadelphia, has been the fastest growing region in Pennsylvania for many years. With a median household income above the state-wide average, and home to 11 higher education institutions and two Fortune 500 company headquarters, the Lehigh Valley is a prime spot to exhibit and sell your work. See what artists have to say about Mayfair Festival of the Arts in our VIDEO. Show Details
• Average attendance 25,000 - 35,000
• Indoor and outdoor Artist Markets to choose from:
- Indoor exhibit hall offering climate-controlled Artist Market. Pipe and drape included in booth fee.
- Outdoor Artist Market on macadam in front of Artist Market building, or in the field at the end of food row.
• Located in a walkable, upscale theater district
• Limited to 150 vendors
• Gated admission $5 for weekend pass
• Load-in/load-out assistance and booth sitters
• Free parking in adjacent parking lot--ALL vehicles must be moved to parking lot 1 hour before opening.
• Post cards available to artists for marketing
• Discounts at area hotels, onsite 24-hour RV parking ($20/day)
• 24-hour security; buildings locked when closed
• Significant advertising:
- In-home distribution (insert in local newspapers) of 85,000 program booklet with artist descriptions
- TV, newspapers, radio ads
- Social media, website marketing (please repost on your sites!)
• 3 ½ day event – Friday 4pm-8pm, Sat/Sun noon-8pm, Mon noon-6pm (Memorial Day)
Dec 05, 2014 - Application opens
Jan 10, 2015 - Deadline for applications
Jan 15, 2015 - Invitations to artists
Jan 31, 2015 - Deadline to respond to invitation
May 22, 2015 - Setup 9am-3pm / Opening night of Artist Market 4pm-8pm
May 23, 2015 - Artist Market Open noon-8pm
May 24, 2015 - Artist Market Open noon-8pm
May 25, 2015 - Artist Market Open noon-6pm (End of Festival)
Categories will be filled on a first-come basis. Once filled, if jury-approved, you will be added to a waitlist.
10x10 = $325
10x20 = $550
10x30 = $775
--Please note that booth fees increase for the late jury round--
We will be happy to have the tent company we use set up a tent for your use instead of lugging out your tent. Cost for 10x10 tent rental = $150
There will be overnight security, both indoors and outdoors, but Mayfair cannot be responsible for theft or damage, so things left overnight will be at your own risk. We strongly recommend every artist have insurance for their business.
SCHEDULE: *Note: Artist Market hours are shorter than Festival hours*
2015 ARTIST MARKET HOURS:
Friday, May 22, 4:00pm to 8:00pm
Saturday, May 23, noon to 8:00pm
Sunday, May 24, noon to 8:00pm
Monday, May 25, noon to 6:00pm
2015 FESTIVAL HOURS:
Friday, May 22, 10:00pm to 9:30pm
Saturday, May 23, noon to 9:30pm
Sunday, May 24, noon to 9:30pm
Monday, May 25, noon to 6:00pm
• Artist must be 18 years of age or older.
• Items must be artist’s original concept & execution.
• No kits, commercial molds, manufactured goods or imports.
• Artist not displaying her or his own craft will be asked to leave the festival. No refunds will be given.
• Mayfair reserves the right to determine the eligibility of all work submitted and will attempt to keep any one art form from becoming too abundant.
• Artist must be present in booth during show hours; if you don’t have a partner in your booth, sitters will be available to cover short breaks.
• Artist are expected to operate their booths during all Artist Market hours. Any artist who leaves the show early will not be considered for future participation.
• Artists must collect and pay 6% PA sales tax to the state. Call PA Department of Revenue to sign up: 717-787-1064.
• Artists must complete a City of Allentown Business Registration Questionnaire and submit a $35 fee to the city. Call 610-437-7501 or visit http://www.allentownpa.gov (click on “Forms and Applications”).
• If you are a culinary artist offering any samples (food or beverage) you will also need a City of Allentown Temporary Food Service License. Call the Allentown Health Department at 610-437-7759 or find the Temporary Food Service License form under “Health” on the City’s website:http://www.allentownpa.gov
ALL TAXES AND FORMS REQUIRED BY THE STATE OR THE CITY MUST BE SENT DIRECTLY TO THE LICENSING OR PERMITTING AGENCY IN CITY OR STATE OFFICES. These are government agencies that are completely unconnected to Mayfair.
No pets, except service animals, are allowed on festival grounds. Please leave your furry friends at home.
All sales are final, except in the case that the Festival is cancelled 30 days or more before the start of the event.
• Booth spaces are 10’x10’. Discounts for double or triple spaces.
• Artists may choose to be inside or outside.
- Indoor booths must be decorated WITHOUT using a popup tent. Pro-panel type structures are acceptable.
- Outside artists will be located on macadam just in front of the doors to the indoor Artist Market, or you may choose to be in the field at the end of food row. Outdoor artists must supply a white, waterproof tent/canopy (with walls) able to withstand a 40mph wind with 60mph gusts.
• Indoor and outdoor artists must supply their own tables, chairs and display items.
• Mayfair will supply up to 200 watts of electricity per booth for lighting only, free of charge. No additional electric power is available. Please bring one 50 foot 120 volt, 20 amp extension cord, rated 12/3 AWG (American Wire Gauge), 3-conductor (3-prong plug), water resistant, for heavy duty outdoor use.
• If your vehicle is part of your outdoor display, it must be pre-approved. Please contact us to discuss your setup. Othewise there will be NO PARKING ON FESTIVAL GROUNDS! Free parking is located just opposite the central gate to the Festival. Handicap spots are available in the free parking lot. Artists who leave there cars on Festival grounds will not be invited to return to future Festivals.
• Booth Setup Hours: Thursday 11am to 7pm; Friday 9am to 3pm (Festival opens officially at 4pm after school field trip day)
• Booth Restocking Hours: 9am to 11am Sat, Sun, Mon
Mayfair is a rain-or-shine event. Prepare to conduct business in all weather possibilities.