CALL FOR ARTISTS
Open to all professional & beginner artists worldwide.
Postcard Art for Hinovations
Benefiting Summer Camps for Kids
May 1, 2015 from 6 to 9pm
April 27, 2015
Hinovations Art Gallery * 1009 Laurel Ave * McAllen, Texas, 78501 USA
Hinovations Art Gallery is accepting original artwork for Postcard Art for Hinovations.
Artists for Art Postcard Art is an international exhibition of original postcard art to benefit Summer ArtVentures Art Camps for Kids. Summer Art Camps provide children with creative fun ways to engage their imagination through visual art activities. As kids create art, they will explore ideas, learn art vocabulary, and experiment with a variety of media as well as gain knowledge about other cultures and their art. Hinovations Art Gallery believes that every child should have exposure to the arts in order to create an understanding and appreciation.
Postcard Art for Hinovations 2015 is the First Annual International Exhibition of handmade postcard art donated by participating artists worldwide.
Please read the Instructions for Submission
Postcards not meeting the required criteria will not be displayed.
1. You must follow Hinovations Art Gallery on Facebook. Postcards Art will be posted on the Facebook Page as they arrive. Visit our webpage, hinovations.wix.com/hinovations for updates.
2. Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading Postcard Art for Hinovations to indicated your interest in participating.
3. Create a postcard-sized original piece of art. Standard postcard sizes are required: 6.3 x 4.7 inches or 16 x 12 cm Maximum.
4. Include complete information on the back of your postcard: a) real name, b) city & country, c) email, d) artwork title. These information will be printed on the labels placed next to each postcard at the gallery. It will allow buyers to view the artwork’s place of origin and will lend the opportunity for buyers to connect with you. This information will also be posted on social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as well as shared with the press. If you don’t want this information shared, please do not participate.
5. Mail your postcard in an envelope via Regular First Class Mail. Your postcard art MUST be mailed, no walk-in will be accepted. Mail to the following address:
Hinovations Art Gallery
1009 Laurel Ave
McAllen, Texas 78501 USA
· Postcard Materials
We encourage you to use good quality thick paper or thin cardboard type. Keep in mind that as the postcard travels it might not be handled with care, so choose thick paper and make sure to packet it well and ship it in an envelope for extra care. Avoid surfaces that couldn’t be considered postcard material (canvas or canvas board, wood, ceramic, etc.).
Postcards must be signed, handmade originals in any of the following 2D mediums, watercolor, acrylic, oil, ink, gouache, mixed media, collage, pencil, charcoal and pastel. Please use spray fixative for dry mediums and allow for proper drying before shipping.
NOT ALLOWED: Photographs, digital art, art that is laser/inkjet or machine-printed, any copies, duplications or reproductions. We are focusing on hand-made. You may send up to three different postcards.
· No Theme
Any professional or amateur artist is invited to participate. Although the work is not juried, nor
do we have a specific theme, please take the time to produce the best work that represents your style. This event will also be attended by young children, so we ask that you consider your subject matter and make it acceptable to all audiences.
· Enter Early
Postcards must be received at the above address by April 27, 2015 to be included in the exhibition. Allow at least 14 days for shipping please.
· Artwork Pricing & Publication
The sale price will be $35 USD per card. We realized that these cards are worth a lot more, but this will allow for equality among artists and for the public to purchase them easily. All work will be considered a donation and will not be returned to the sender. By participating in Postcard Art for Hinovations, you agree to our terms. This means any art submitted to this exhibition can be sold to raise money for the chosen events or activities. In addition, your art could be chosen to be used as promotion for the event. If you do not agree to these terms, please refrain from participating.
We thank you for generous participation in Postcard Art for Hinovations.
We look forward to receiving your beautiful creations and to be part of a growing team of Artists for Art Worldwide.
Gallery Director, Hinovations Art Gallery
For more information contact Raquel Hinojosa, Gallery Director at email@example.com or call 956-688-6461, Gallery or 956-309-8352 Mobile.
Note* There is no Pick Up date. Website "Submission Form" prompted for pick up date to be submitted. Postcards not sold become property of the gallery to be sold throughtout the year. Thank you.