FRESH Emerging Artist Exh...
Name: FRESH Emerging Artist Exhibit
Type: Juried Exhibition
Sponsor: Association for Visual Arts
Fees: $25. Fee is waived for members of AVA
Number of Images: 5
Years Held: 9
Notification Date: 05/26/15
Drop Off / Set Up
Pick Up / Tear Down
Show Start: 06/26/15
Show Close: 07/31/15
AVA’s commitment to supporting emerging artists remains a touchstone of the organization. Every year, AVA hosts a group exhibition of emerging visual artists from the region. This competitive exhibit is designed to support early-career artists at critical points in their growth and development. This opportunity is only open to artists at an early stage in their career with a well-developed, recent body of work who have not had a solo show and are not represented by a commercial gallery. The exhibit is juried by AVA’s Exhibition Advisory Panel.
- Any artist working in any medium including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, print media, installation, ceramics, fiber arts, graphic arts, and time-based works are encouraged to apply.
- Must live within the Southeastern United States
- Must be at an early stage in their artistic career.
- Displays artistic promise and commitment to their work.
- Has never had a solo show or binding affiliation with any commercial gallery.
- Must have a current body of work, comprised of at least 5 pieces, which the artist is able to show at the time of application.
Limitation & Restrictions
- All work must be original and completed within the last 2 years.
- Works must not have been previously exhibited at AVA.
- AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the application process or are not properly outfitted to hang in the gallery.
- All 2-D works must be ready to hang.
- Time-based artists may have to provide their own equipment to show work.
- AVA handles all sales transactions and receives a 30% commission from all gallery sales.
- All shipping or hand delivery and return of work for exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
- Works are not insured while on the AVA premises.
Mail any checks to:
AVA, Attn: Lauren Goforth
30 Frazier Ave. Chattanooga, TN 37405
For membership information visit our AVA Membership page
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set color to RGB
- Image size should not exceed horizontal pixel dimension of 1920 pixels or vertical pixel dimension of 1080 pixels
- Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: DOE_UNTITLED.jpg
- Complete list of images. For each image, include:
- Application fee, if a non-member
Send materials to: Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director
Pen and Ink
Printmaking (hand pulled)