Submission Guidelines for
Individual Artists or Group Exhibitions
2011-2012 Exhibition Season
The Contemporary Arts Center is accepting submissions for solo shows or group installations
from artists and curators for consideration for our 2011-2012 exhibition season. All mediums and
disciplines will be considered. Any work presented at the Contemporary Arts Center must be a
body of new or recent work executed within the past 2 years. Emerging or mid-career artists,
members or non-members, may submit proposals.
Please include the following materials in your submission:
1. Written statement outlining the proposed project/exhibition and the participating artists.
2. Work Samples: CD with 10-20 jpegs or DVD with video work or performance work. Image file
size: 300 dpi no larger than 1MB. Please name file as follows: lastname.jpg(1_smith.jpg.)
Video format: NTSC mac or pc playable DVD with10-minutes maximum excerpts or complete
works. Please put name and email on all discs. All submitted work must have been created
in the past two years.
3. Accompanying image list indicating title, size/duration, medium, date and any brief narrative
needed to elaborate on the work
4. Curator’s current CV and bio if applicable
5. Current artist’s CV for all participating artists
6. Artist Statement for all participating artists
7. Any additional information such as press reviews, articles, catalogues etc.
8. Self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) with sufficient postage for the return of all
9. Contact information for primary artist or curator contact- email, phone and mailing address.
10.Separate CD with copies of all word files, optional press materials in addition to the hard
Supplementary public programs or presentations that would enhance the exhibition are
encouraged. These may include, for example, artist talks, panel discussions or activities geared
toward engaging the members and patrons of the Contemporary Arts Center.
Please mail your submissions to:
The Contemporary Arts Center
Attn: Exhibition Committee
107 E. Charleston Suite 120
Las Vegas, NV 89104
We accept proposals on an ongoing basis but proposals to be considered for the upcoming exhibition season of 2010-2011 must be received by January 15th, 2011.
Questions? Contact the Contemporary Arts Center, Las Vegas, firstname.lastname@example.org with “exhibition question” in the subject line, or call 702-382-3886.
The Contemporary Arts Center is a non-profit 501(c)3 art organization dedicated to presenting
new, high quality, visual and performing art, while striving to build, educate, and sustain
audiences for contemporary art. The CAC strives to provide a place where artist can learn about
best practices, test new ideas in the public arena, and connect with fellow artists within and
beyond our own community.