Antenna Open Call for 2012 Exhibitions
Deadline: October 1, 2011
Application Fee: $25
Award: Exhibition with $1200 Stipend
Press Street’s Antenna Gallery is proud to announce an opportunity for emerging and established artists and curators to exhibit in the historic Bywater neighborhood of New Orleans. Exhibitions are not limited to any media, and all applicants will be considered for solo or group exhibitions for 2012.
The Antenna Gallery presents 10-12 exhibitions each year, featuring work by internationally renowned and local, emerging and mid-career artists. We encourage you to view our exhibition archive at http://press-street.com/antenna to get an idea of the diverse range of our exhibitions.
Thanks to the generosity of the Andy Warhol Foundation, artists or curators selected from this application process will be awarded an honorarium of $1,200 (split for group exhibitions) which is meant to offset installation, shipping, and travel costs for the development of their selected exhibitions. Additionally, Press Street will publish an exhibition catalog or ephemera to be determined after selection.
To apply for an exhibition for the 2012 calendar you must submit the following:
1. Application (click to download for artist exhibition or for submitting your curatorial proposal)
2. $25 USD Application Fee (make check or money order payable to PRESS STREET)
3. Artists: Portfolio of recent works (10 – 20) and if site specific you can include a proposal tailored for the Antenna space (not required) Curators: Portfolio of Recent exhibitions (5 max) with a proposal for the Antenna Space. Portfolios can be in slide, cd, dvd, or video format. (both mac and pc formatted discs accepted – please send still images at a minimum of 1000 pixels wide at 72 dpi and in JPEG format and please keep videos to clips of no more than 5 minutes), To assist with proposals specifically for the Antenna space you can view a gallery layout here .
4. Inventory list including titles, dates completed, sizes, and mediums.
5. Artistic or Curatorial Statement
6. Resume / CV
7. SASE for the results of your submission and return of materials
Submit all materials to:
Press Street’s Antenna Gallery
3161 Burgundy Street
New Orleans, LA 70117
Press Street and Antenna Gallery will not be responsible for lost or damaged applications.
POSTMARKED APPLICATION DEADLINE for 2012 season: October 1, 2011 – Please note that all entries received after October 14 will not be reviewed regardless of postmark.
Applicants will be notified in early November with the results from the selection process.
Please visit http://press-street.com/antenna-open-call-2012/ for more info.